Preschool Program Overview
Explore! Music & Art at Asphalt Green BPC for children 2 – 4 years is a 3 hour drop-off program, offering a curriculum of immersive arts education that supports early childhood development and school-readiness while nurturing the whole child. Open enrollment for this Spring; accepting applications for 2020 – 2021. Learn more here.
We are currently in the process of recertification of our acclaimed Preschool drop-off program in our new space at 41 White Street, and anticipate we will be accepting applications for January 2021. During this transition, our commitment to Early Childhood music and art experiences remains strong!
We are excited to offer our popular Little Creators program, as well as our Explore! series, to our families with children ages 16 months – 5 years that are interested in an immersive arts education curriculum.
What makes Early Childhood Experiences at Church Street School extraordinary?
- a curriculum based in visual art, music, movement and dramatic play
- students use their natural curiosity and creativity to investigate, understand and transform their surroundings
- an emphasis on developing each child’s understanding of their own power as thinkers, problem-solvers, creators and friends
- small class sizes and a low student to teacher ratio, allowing for individual attention, an inclusive environment for students of all abilities and a curriculum tailored to support all learning styles
- the Dalcroze method of music education emphasizes learning through whole-body experience and expression of rhythm, movement, and melody
- a faculty of educators, working artists and musicians
- a flexible schedule to meet your needs (half-day, full-day, partial or full-week programs available) with ongoing admissions